The Crazy Thing We Call Love

Trapped was I,

every day I would sigh,

waiting for you to show,

but now it’s time for you to go.

Freedom of you,

you were like a weird zoo,

reaching through your phone,

and now I am as cold as stone.

There you go again,

filling me with different pain,

I now have seen the sign,

leaving you was fine.

Ripped my heart for the longest time,

but now it’s time for me to climb,

getting away from your terror,

you made the biggest error.

My freedom is like being able to fly,

but somehow I still cry,

pumping through me is this drive,

you made me feel truly alive.

Sadly I have to move on,

all I see in you now is this con,

don’t come and find me all you’ll get is hardly anything,

because all you will get is a no from this new king.

In this poem, a young man has his heart broken by a young lady. They fell deeply in love, but the young lady decided to leave and to steal a piece of him for her own benefit. He can’t get away until he discovers that the only way to get away is to forget about her. Leaving her was the best choice, now he can set sights on his true vision. His freedom is the best feeling to him because being held like a hostage felt like nothing in the world would free him from this prison he called love. The only problem with his new found freedom is that the true love was between them so he cannot get her out of his aching mind.  Luckily he has the strength to overcome the thoughts racing through his mind and calls her a con in his life. When I mean con I use it as an obstacle in his own path to his dreams. In the last two lines, he addresses her saying if you try to come back into my life all you are going to get is the answer of no. I hope you enjoyed my free choice poem if you want to see more of my poetry work go to my flash poetry section if you have any questions about my post please write a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Image (https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/516858494711503508/?lp=true)

5 thoughts on “The Crazy Thing We Call Love

1. Matt,
    I see a great theme in your writing that has deep and dark undertones that keep me intrigued. I really like how you put a description under it for us non-poets. I would like to see a more of a complex rhyme scheme and rhyming words.

-Sam

2. Matt,
    I didn’t know you had this dark side, I like it. I really like a few of the images you created and I can see your intention but I would have liked just a little more imagery. Make the story your telling pop, force me to see what you see, as there were a few times where I was confused with your intention or vision. Over all very good, keep it up with the dark undertones, they add a lot to it, and not everyone can do darkness this well without seeming childish or over the top.

kaden

3. Mr. Saunders,

What I enjoy about your poetry is how you take aspects of your own experiences and integrate them into your own writing. This adds a nice level of depth to your poetry.
    A couple of things to work on reside mainly in the expository piece at the end. Be careful of run on sentences that you have, and be sure to include commas in certain spots in order to fix the flow of what you’ve written.
    Overall, your poetry is improving, so keep up the good work.
    -Lucas

4. Dear Matt,

i really enjoyed this piece. The rhyme scheme was really good. I love the fact that i had a clear visual while reading this piece.

One thing that I would work on is your sentence structure. In some places, commas were necessary.

Overall it was a wonderful piece to read. I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

Sincerely,

Muskaan